Jul 7, 2010

My New Life

Things have been grand on this side of the Atlantic. We've been adjusting well to our transformation to a family of four. Enzo is absolutely in love with his baby brother. Not sure if this is just the honeymoon phase or if it will continue. Nonetheless, I love it. From a rather young age Enzo has always shown love for babies. Must get it from his mother.


Aleksander has been a joy to watch and observe. So far I can say one thing, his tempermant is much different than his brother's. Around Aleksander's age, Enzo was fussy, or unsatisfied with different situations, such as being in the stroller, sitting in his car seat etc. Aleksander just cruises along, it's nice. Aleksander can even sit in his babysitter/bouncy seat awake and just observe the environment around him. I know it's not even two weeks into the game yet but he seems a lot calmer. Hope it lasts.


Mattias has been home on paternity leave for almost two weeks now. It's been nice. Him and Enzo have had a little extra quality time together which I think has made the transition for Enzo a lot easier. I was a bit nervous on how things would turn out since Enzo is a mamma's boy but like I said before it has gone really well and he has actually been rather understanding to my need to nurse Aleksander, all the time.


I have been feeling great. I swear I don't feel like I just had a baby. It's absolutely AMAZING! I have been eager to work out but hesitant too just in case my body isn't ready. But I think it is. So, in my effort to begin I have started going on brisk walks with hopes of running next week.




Anywho, here's some pics of the week gone by.
Enzo with the swimming ring he got from his friend Emme. He thought it would be cozy to sleep like this and he sure did fall asleep.



A playdate with his buddy Emme.


Our morning walk.
An afternoon walk.

My husband being creative...AGAIN!
Making Enzo a house like the fort he made last year.

Mattias and Aleksander

Uncle Peter visiting Aleksander.

Farfar visiting too.


3 comments:

Carmen said...

Love the new pictures. Seems Aleksander is changing moment to moment. What a beautiful family! We will see all of you soon - in a month starting tomorrow!
Love you, Carmen

Anonymous said...

hey

You have such a beautiful family. again you can feel the love throught the blogs. I share the blog with my friends and they love reading them and say you should be a writer.

love ya
Sabrina

Mattias, Karissa & Enzo said...

Hey Sabrina! Thank you! That is so sweet. Love you.